– The exhibition is open to artists from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Vermont who can hand deliver and pick up accepted works of art.
– Artists are invited to submit works in all media, any subject.
Submission Deadline (Online submissions only)
Midnight, Sunday March 1, 2015
Susan Sayre Batton, the Managing Director at Dia:Beacon, and the Director of Administration for the Dia Art Foundation
– The Arthur Harris Best in Show Award ($500)
– Nicholas Buhalis Award for Artistic Excellence in Abstract/Figurative or Figurative Work ($500)
– The Sam Spanier Award for Works on Paper ($150)
Media and Size Limitations
– All media are accepted.
– Works must not exceed 75 lbs. and 48″ x 48″ x 48″ (including frame).
– The base of 3-D work should be no greater than 24″ x 24″ or artists must supply their own pedestal.
– All work must be in good condition and ready to hang or install.
– Any special installation needs (ie. computer equipment) must be supplied by artist for the duration of the show and should be noted in submission.
– The WAAM reserves the right to reject works that do not comply with these guidelines.
– Submit digital images (jpgs) identified with artist’s last name, first name and sequential number (i.e: SmithJane1, SmithJane 2, etc) and a corresponding image list (see instructions on submission form).
– First two images: $35 for artists who are not paid-up members of the Woodstock Artists Association and Museum (WAAM). $15 for WAAM members.
– $5 for each additional image submitted.
– Fees are non-refundable.
Delivery and Pick-up
All work must be delivered and picked up in person. Shipped work cannot be accepted and will be rejected. No exceptions will be made. All work must arrive ready for hanging and installation.
Sales and Insurance
The WAAM will encourage sales and takes a 40% commission, however works of art need not be for sale. Artists should state retail price (including commission) or insurance value on image list. The WAAM provides insurance for works of art while on the premises.
– Sunday March 1, 2015: Submission deadline
– The week of March 23: Notifications to artists
– Mon, May 4, 12 – 6 pm: Delivery of Work
– May 9 – June 7: Exhibition Dates
– Sat, May 9, 4 – 6 pm: Reception. Awards announced.
– Mon, June 8, 12 – 6 pm: Pick up of work